The recipe of the Chocolate Bar Cake.
–100g of pastry flour
–70g of sugar
–30ml of seed oil
–350g of chocolate
–15g of baking powder
1. Beat together eggs and sugar until pale yellow and thick, about 5-7 minutes. The batter should leave ribbons in it when the beaters are removed.
2. Mix in oil.
3. Sift together flour and baking powder into egg mixture, and gently fold the mixture together.
4. Pour into greased baking pan, bake at 180° (350 F) for 20-25 minutes
5. Let cake cool completely, and very gently remove from pan and place onto cooling rack.
6. Trim edges and in-between “squares” of chocolate on top to accommodate space for the chocolate.
Gently fold the cookie dough back up so it entirely seals and covers the Nutella.
7. Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler. Brush a generous layer of chocolate into cleaned pan, and gently lay in cake.
8. Pour remaining chocolate over top of cake. This layer does not need to be flush with the top of the pan, it only needs to completely cover the cake.
9. Place in fridge to set for 20 minutes, and gently remove from pan.
Do you like this recipe?